TEXARKANA, Ark. (AP) - Members of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission laid out possible early-season hunting dates for the fall, including a Sept. 6 start to dove season.
The state must submit early-season migratory game-bird season dates to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service by Aug. 1. After its meeting Thursday, the commission said it expects to make the dates final next month.
This year's dates vary little from last season:
- Early Canada Goose: Sept. 1-15
- Purple Gallinule and Common Moorhen: Sept. 1-Nov. 9
- Mourning Dove and Eurasian Collared Dove: Sept. 6-Oct. 25 and Dec. 20-Jan. 8
- Rail: Sept. 6-Nov. 14
- Teal: Sept. 13-28
- Northwest Canada Goose Zone: Sept. 20-29
- Common Snipe: Nov. 1-Feb. 15
- Woodcock: Nov. 8-Dec. 22
Commissioners on Thursday also approved an $88 million budget.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)