LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Rain isn't just helping crops across Arkansas, it is also increasing the mosquito population.
The state's department of health says there haven't been any cases of the West Nile virus, but they urge Arkansans to prevent possible mosquito breeding grounds and protect themselves against mosquito bites.
They also offer a few suggestions:
1. Be aware of any objects lying around your yard that could collect and hold water.
2. Be sure to clean bird baths at least once a week.
3. Make sure your rain gutters are not clogged.
4. Make sure no outside water faucets are leaking
5. Be sure to cover up and use bug spray when you go outdoors.