LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A 29-year-old inmate escaped custody Monday afternoon while being transported to court in Little Rock. Here is what we know as of Wednesday:
- Anael Castro-Hernandez is 5'1", weighs 118 pounds, has shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes.
- He escaped custody Monday morning at 8 a.m. at the Pulaski County Circuit Courthouse in Little Rock. Original story: Inmate escapes in downtown Little Rock: http://on.kthv.com/1p8CDTy
- He was reportedly seen in the area of Interstate Park later that morning, but nothing was found during searches of the area. Neighbors near search area share experience: http://on.kthv.com/1tDKV5o
- According to the North Little Rock Police Department, Castro-Hernandez was arrested for the alleged rape of a 10-year-old girl in May 2013.
- He is also being held for U.S. Immigration and Customs.
- Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says Castro-Hernandez is known for using freight-trains as a means of transportation.
- A reward of up to $1,000 from Central Arkansas CRIMESTOPPERS was announced Tuesday for information leading to his capture. The tip-line number is 501-340-TIPS(8477).
- On Wednesday, Lt. Minden said the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office has asked U.S. Marshals to aid in the search.