Key Facts about the women can run kick off event:
- The 17th Annual 'Women Can Run' running and walking clinic kick off is set for Saturday, March 1. Basic summary of the afternoon:
- Conway Women Run Arkansas Clinic participants will have a fun-filled, informative afternoon celebrating the kick-off of the 2014 Conway Women Run/Walk Arkansas Clinic.
- Between 1:00pm - 2:00pm, attendees will register for their specific Clinic group, visit Sponsor Booths and meet other attendees.
- At 2:00pm, the Kick-off Event will begin. Attendees should arrive in time to check-in prior to the 2:00pm event.
- The afternoon will include prizes, information pertaining to the 10-week Clinic, an opportunity to ask questions and to meet the group leaders – all in a fun atmosphere.
- LOCATION for Kick-Off Event: Four Winds Church, which is located at 2005 Dave Ward Dr. in Conway.
- Free, 10-week Walk/Run Clinic Information: Beginning on Monday, March 3, participants will meet at the UCA track, located at the corner of Dave Ward Dr. and S. Donaghey Ave. The meetings at the UCA track will occur at 6:30pm on Monday and Thursday evenings.
- The free, 10-week training clinics are for beginners as well as intermediate and advanced runners and walkers. It is important to note that walkers will not be required to run. We have a group for every level.
- At the end of the 10-Week Clinic, a 5K run/walk graduation event will occur on the morning of Saturday, May 10 in Conway. There is a $20 free for the 5k.
- The goal for each participant is to be able to run, run/walk or walk a 5K (3.1 miles). The WRA leaders for each group will complete the 5K with their participants.
- Complete details will be shared on Saturday at the Kick-Off Event, and participants for the Clinics and 5K should register online at WomenRunArkansas.Net.
- During the Conway Clinic, participants will have the opportunity to win weekly prizes. There are also several incredible grand prize packages, which include overnight stays, dinner and more. Additionally, a Girls Night Out will be held for participants the last week of the Clinic.
- On the Friday Night prior to the 5K, a Pasta Party will be held.
For more details, watch the video attached to this story for an interview with Cara McKaskle, who lost 100 pounds in the program.