LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- If you haven't booked your Spring Break trip yet and you're willing to fly by the seat of your pants, there are plenty of vacation bargains out there. Here are five tips for booking last-minute spring travel.
Check out more on this list from AARP: 5 Tips for Booking Last-Minute Travel
1. Being Flexible is Better - Last-minute deals arise when airlines and hotels need to fill seats and rooms, so it's much easier to find bargains if you have no particular travel agenda. This might mean traveling on weekdays or visiting a destination in the off-season.
2. Start with Last-Minute Vacation Websites - One-stop sites like LastMinute.com can save you up to 70-percent on airfare, hotel rooms, activities and even entire packages. And VacationstoGo.com is great for last-minute cruises.
3. Hotels Offer Plenty of Deals - You might save additional money through memberships in loyalty programs like AAA or AARP. And don't be afraid to call the hotel for an unadvertised special or a manager willing to make a last-minute deal to fill an empty room.
4. Move Fast, But Pay Attention - Book incredible deals as soon as you see them. On some sites, they can be snapped up in minutes. That said, be sure you've read the small print and understand fully what you're getting for the money and what you're not.
5. Plan Ahead - Stay on top of deals by signing up for special-offer e-newsletters and email blasts from travel planning sites. A little old-fashioned research will help you avoid planning trips during peak seasons or major events when prices skyrocket.