LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- THV's go-to meat expert Anthony Michael with the Cross-Eyed Pig shared his tips for pork tenderloin.
The way that Anthony prepares his pork tenderloin is like this:
- Take a tenderloin between two and four pounds and brine it in a salt solution overnight in the fridge. Solution he uses is: 1/4 cup salt to a quart of water.
- The next day take it out of the solution and season it with your favorite spices. Anthony likes to use Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. Leave the tenderloin in the seasoning overnight sealed in the fridge.
- Cook it until the internal temperature is 150 degrees. Then wrap it in foil and let is sit for an additional 30 minutes.
Fruity BBQ Sauce
Another addition Anthony says will be great with pork tenderloin is a fruity BBQ sauce you can make at home.
- 1 bottle Kraft Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup favorite fruit (cranberry, pineapple, etc.) pureed
- 2 cups water
Combine all ingredients in a pan and reduce down to your desired thickness at a low heat, then serve.