LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- It might seem weird to stick a bottle of olive oil near your makeup mirror, in your hall closet or next to your workbench. But after you try these household and beauty hacks, you may be tempted to permanently relocate your supply from the pantry.
Here are six clever uses for olive oil from Good Hosuekeeping.
1. Free a stuck zipper - If your jacket's zipper pull just won't budge, try rubbing the teeth with a cotton swab dipped in olive oil. It should help ease it back on track.
2. Silence a squeaky door - Lubricate a sticky hinge or creaky knob with a few drops of oil to quiet an irritating noise without harsh chemicals or a toolbox.
3. Moisturize your body - Packed with good fats and nutrients, a little bit of olive oil soothes crusty cuticles, relieves dry skin, fights frizzy hair, and can even fill-in for shaving cream in a pinch.
4. Shine a stainless steel sink - A light coating will make your sink gleam again, and prevent future water spots from showing up.
5. Return rain boots' luster - If your rubber wellies get chalky after a few wears, rub them with olive oil to erase the white marks. Avoid getting oil on the soles, though - because it may cause you to slip next time you put them on.
6. Remove paint from hair - If your home-improvement weekend leaves your head matching your freshly painted wall, use olive oil to ease the color out of your strands