THV11 is dedicated to this community -- working to keep you safe and to protect what’s important. When severe weather hits, we connect you to life-saving information on the air, on the web, and on your mobile device and iPad.
We partner with a powerful team of weather and emergency professionals: to help you prepare before storms happen; to keep you connected to life-saving information during storms; and to provide needed information after storms hit.
You’re our partner too. Planning ahead for any emergency minimizes disaster aftermath and helps you assist your neighbors when needed.
Here’s how to connect to THV11:
- THV11.COM -- Forecasts, live radar, updates, closings, and after-the-storm reports
- THV11 APPs -- Live interactive radar, hour-by-hour weather conditions and forecasts, and customizable alerts; free to download
- THV11 SOCIAL PAGES – Connect to storm forecasts and continuous weather updates, plus share your weather photos on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
- THV11 PUSH ALERTS– Severe weather alerts sent directly to your phone. Click here for information.
AMERICAN RED CROSS responds to disasters to provide “compassionate care to those in need”. They also train people how to respond and prepare for emergencies and provide lists of open shelters. Click HERE for tips on assembling your emergency kit.
· Blytheville - 870-763-4481
· Conway - 501-329-3571
· El Dorado - 870-863-8196
· Fort Smith - 479-782-1056
· Hot Springs - 501-623-9321
· Little Rock - 501-748-1000
· Jonesboro - 870-932-3212
· Pine Bluff - 870-534-7312
· Rogers - 479-633-8330
· Searcy - 501-268-2691
MIDLAND RADIO CORPORATION is a leading manufacturer of wireless weather radios so you can receive life-saving weather information when and where you need it, especially during power outages. You can find a Midland weather radio at a variety of stores. Click HERE for Midland NOAA weather radio programming tips.
ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT is Arkansas’ Homeland Security and Preparedness Agency that works with local governments to make sure that communities return to normal as soon as possible after a disaster. ADEM also aids storm victims to direct them to proper government agencies for help. Plus, find out how Smart911 can help you in an emergency.
(501) 683-6700 -- Open 24 Hours
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LITTLE ROCK / NOAA works 24/7 to provide vital weather forecasts and updates before and during severe weather. Most importantly, they issue watches and warnings to alert you to dangerous weather conditions. THV11 works hand-in-hand with NWS to provide the most accurate weather information possible.
STORM SHELTERS AND SAFE ROOMS can be an added layer of protect during a storm. Speak with a professional to find out if this could be a fitting option for you.
GENERATORS can add yet another addition to your storm preparedness plan, delivering power to your home’s electrical system as a backup during power outages for only essential items like the refrigerator or to your entire house. Before buying or installing, it’s important to speak with a licensed electrician.
- Click here to find your county code
- Plug power supply into wall then into radio where it says "power"
- Turn the switch to the "on" position
- Extend antennae upwards
- Don't turn radio off or you won't receive warnings for your area
- Replace batteries in back of unit every 3 months
- If you lose power, the battery back-up will keep the radio on. The batteries will only last a couple of days without power
- If you need further assistance, please contact Midland at (816)-241-8500
© 2018 KTHV-TV