LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — How about trying something a little different for dinner tonight or at your next party?
Debbie Arnold with Dining with Debbie is here with some delicious recipes for dinner or your bowl-watch party!
If you’re looking for something different to serve at your bowl-watch parties, make them a Sandwich in the Round. Serve it alongside a simple side such as this Butter Lettuce Salad with Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette.
Sandwich in the Round
Note: This is a very flexible sandwich. The ingredients listed are for one that lends itself to a Reuben. Vary the meats and cheeses to suit your tastes.
- 2 8-ounce cans crescent dinner rolls
- 8-10 ounces shaved pastrami or corned beef
- 4-5 slices Swiss, provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1 8-ounce can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Garnish: mustard in your favorite flavor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate 1 can of crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Place in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, pressing over the bottom and 1/2-inch up sides to form the crust.
- Press perforations together.
- Layer meat, cheese, and sauerkraut over dough. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Separate another can of crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a spoke fashion overfilling with points toward the center.
- Lightly seal outer edges of triangles to bottom crust.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving, Serve with mustard of your choice, if desired.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3-4 heads butter lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 2 sliced avocados
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup blueberries
- Glazed pecans or walnuts, optional
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Trim the butter lettuce leaves from the head. Rinse well and dry completely.
- Gently toss the full leaves, avocado and snipped chives with the lemon shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter.
- Garnish with blueberries and nuts, if using.