LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Girl Scouts - Diamonds are getting ready to kick off their cookie program on January 10th by announcing their newest cookie, Lemon-Ups.
The Lemon-Ups cookie is a crispy lemon cookie baked with messages inspired by Girl Scout entrepreneurs.
“I am a go-getter” and “I am an innovator” are two of the eight phrases that display the Girl Scout experience.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world. The program focuses on five skills to teach the scouts.
Five Skills learned in the Cookie Program:
- Goal Setting: Girls set sales goals and create a plan to reach them.
- Decision Making: Girls decide when and where to sell, how to market their sales and what to do with earnings.
- Money Management: Girls develop a budget, take orders and handle customers’ money.
- People Skills: Girls learn how to talk (and listen!) to their customers, as well as how to work as a team.
- Business Ethics: Girls act honestly and responsibly during every step of the Cookie Program.
To find cookies near you visit girlscoutsdiamonds.org/findcookies.