NEW YORK — A woman who turned 107 years old Wednesday thinks she knows what's kept her alive: her marital status.
Or, more accurately, the lack of one.
Louise Signore celebrated her birthday at the Bartow Community Center in the Bronx, CBS said.
She was born in 1912. That year, the Titanic sank, William Howard Taft was president and Roald Amundsen reached the South Pole.
Though legally blind, she still lives alone and said she thinks the fact she never married has led to less stress.
“I think the secret of 107: I never got married. I think that’s the secret. My sister says ‘I wish I never got married,'” Signore said.
Oh, she had one other secret.
“Italian food. Italian food is very good for you,” Louise said. “I was brought up with very good food. No soda, no cake.”
- 9-year-old boy dies after being pulled from Florida creek
- Hamza bin Laden, son of Osama bin Laden, is dead, reports say
- 'I want more answers' | Man finds frozen baby in mom's freezer in south St. Louis
- Police in Texas rescue 9-year-old boy from human trafficker, report says
- Florida woman trains guide dogs to be the 'best of the best'
- Police say woman accused of urinating on potatoes in Walmart has turned herself in
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.