KEO, Ark. — There’s a reason Charlotte’s Eats and Sweets wins so many awards! The pie is insane! They won an award for having one of the south’s best pies in an article by Southern Living!
1. Their award winning pie is some of the best across the country. They’ve won dozens of awards from local and national publications for their pies and sweets.
2. All the pie is homemade from family recipes. That includes their homemade meringue that tops most of their pies. They call it the “mile high meringue” because it is so tall and fluffy and downright delicious!
3. While they are famous for their pies, they also are famous for their incredible service. People drive from all over the world to try Charlotte’s famous pie and to meet Ms. Charlotte herself. She still works in the shop chatting with customers every day!
4. While their pie is the superstar, they also have a great lunch menu. One item that people love is the Keo Klassic. It’s named after the small town where Charlotte’s is housed. It’s a unique sandwich full of smoked turkey, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato, onion, and avocado all on a deep fried parmesan encrusted sourdough bread.
5. While visiting Charlotte’s, check out the cool décor and knick-knacks along with an extensive tea pot collection. There are hundreds of tea pots on display in the front and back room. The irony is that while Charlotte loves collecting them, she only likes her tea with sugar and ice! :)
Rob and Amanda’s Pro Tips:
Rob: Best. Pie. Ever. Loved the caramel pie! Don’t miss out!
Amanda: Their popular flavors like caramel and coconut were incredible but I surprisingly really enjoyed the pecan pie as well! And that cheeseburger! I didn’t expect their lunch items to be so great but they were winners for sure!