Count Porkula’s team of two bearded barbecue masters has captured the hearts of Arkansans. Their popular food truck has even grown into an additional brick and mortar location in East Village’s new, hip food truck stop, The Railyard.
1. Count Porkula BBQ was established in 2008 by Kelly Lovell and Walt Todd. They were two friends with full time business jobs who started competitive BBQ as a hobby. After growing in popularity they created the Count Porkula food truck which became a hit across central Arkansas.
2. Now, Count Porkula operates as a traveling food truck and a brick and mortar. They have a brick and mortar business at The Railyard. It’s on East 6th Street at the old-time shortcut to the city’s first airport terminal at “Adams Field.” The spot has a rotating cast of popular central Arkansas food trucks, and is the permanent home of Count Porkula BBQ. They also house a big smoke room where they smoke all their meats and people can come watch the action happen!
3. The Count Porkula food truck has been modified a few times over the years and customized to smoke all of their favorite meats. They have a unique water pan inside that helps keep the meat moist and the second rack they installed along the way that allows enough room to smoke hundreds of pounds of meat and sides like baked beans, cheese grits, or sometimes macaroni and cheese.
4. They got local fame for high quality meats coated with their deliciously sweet and spicy dry rub. It’s homemade and full of flavor with a kick. They also use pecan or cherry wood to add a unique smoke flavor in every bite.
5. Count Porkula is also a master catering biz. They custom build a menu for events of all sizes. They have even slow smoked a few whole hogs for wedding parties, holiday parties, and birthday parties.
Amanda and Rob's Pro Tips:
Rob: Make sure to check online for more locations, as they travel around to different events in the city!
Amanda: Try the nachos! They are the best nachos I have ever had!