The family of a baby boy born 14 weeks premature is celebrating a huge milestone: Karter is finally home.
Karter King has had to overcome many obstacles to make it home with his family.
When he was born last August, Karter weighed just over a pound and wasn't expected to survive his first week of life.
After countless procedures, including a tracheostomy, and multiple blood infections, Karter finally began breathing on his own in mid May.
Karter's family says is the happiest baby ever, and a "little fighter."
Welcome home Karter!
RELATED: Follow Karter's journey on Instagram
Join WFAA's Reasons to Smile Facebook group to share your positive story and to read more of the great news happening in North Texas.
More Reasons to Smile:
- Small gesture in a difficult time: Arlington officer takes a knee during protest
- Brothers' above-ground vegetable garden business quickly growing across Dallas-Fort Worth
- Large crowds show up to support black-owned business vandalized in Dallas' West End
- When Dalton Westray had to miss his HS graduation for his Army field medic ceremony, his dad got creative
- See-through masks help employees and customers feel included at Arlington Chick-fil-A