LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Lois is a blue pit that is the first pit bull ever featured as our Little Rock Animal Village Pet of the Week.
She is a three-month-old who had some medical issues. But she will be available at the Friends of the Animal Village's annual holiday party, Santa Paws!
To adopt a pit bull, you must pay $150 and undergo a screening process.
Pit bulls are allowed in Little Rock with stipulations. Dogs that are primarily American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier or Staffordshire Terrier must be registered with the Little Rock Animal Village.
Here are the requirements that must be adhered to and the proper documentation for pit owners via littlerock.gov:
- Proof of Spay or Neuter (or Veterinarian documentation of medical condition that would not allow sterilization, confirmed by the Veterinarian of Little Rock Animal Services)
- Photo with owner will be taken at the Animal Village. Dog must be present at registration so that the photo can be taken.
- Micro Chipping of Dog
- Current Rabies Vaccination
- Current City License
- $150.00 Fee (per Animal) for Registration is Required
- All Dogs of these Breeds must be Confined by a Fence or in a Structure.
You are allowed to own two "potentially dangerous dogs" in Little Rock.