A 32-year-old man killed his ex-wife's boyfriend before killing himself Thursday morning at a far north Dallas apartment, police said.
Officers responded to the shooting call around 9:25 a.m. at the Century Park Apartments in the 5800 block of Preston Oaks Road.
Khyle Parks, 26, was found dead. Witnesses told police that Xavier Gracia shot Parks and then himself, police said.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe Gracia was at the apartment to talk to his ex-wife, who was dating Parks.
The deadly shooting happened less than one week after another domestic disturbance led to two deaths in Dallas.
On June 21, 40-year-old Leo Ted Pintor kicked in the door of a Dallas apartment just south of White Rock Lake, police said. Authorities said he then shot dead his estranged wife, 34-year-old Uranius De Jesus, and a man, 31-year-old Fredi Merdcado.
Authorities said Pintor had a history of family violence and was known to have a gun.
At the time of the double homicide, De Jesus had an active protective order filed against Pintor. He was arrested on a charge of capital murder.
- Dallas police officer accused of writing fake tickets arrested
- Person fatally stabbed at DART station in Dallas
- Richardson father sentenced to life in death of Sherin Mathews
- Texas man who's been in prison 10 years to get new trial after appeals court vacates conviction
- Police seek public's help to identify suspect in Uptown rape