Disaster Unemployment Assistance or DUA, claims must be filed by Friday, July 12, for individuals affected by the severe storms, and flooding that began in Conway, Crawford, Faulkner, Jefferson, Perry, Pulaski, Sebastian, and Yell counties on Tuesday, May 21 through Friday, June 14.
At the request of Governor Asa Hutchinson, a federal disaster declaration was issued designating Conway, Crawford, Faulkner, Jefferson, Perry, Pulaski, Sebastian, and Yell counties as federal disaster areas.
Individuals who have temporarily lost jobs because of the disaster and do not qualify for regular unemployment insurance benefits, such as self-employed individuals, may be eligible for DUA, which provides unemployment benefits up to 28 weeks.
The first possible week of compensation for DUA purposes is the week ending June 1 and the last possible week of compensation is the week ending December 7.
Each claim is considered individually; therefore, individuals who believe they may be eligible should bring a copy of their government-issued photo identification, social security card, the name and address of their last place of employment, and documents verifying income for 2018.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance claims may be filed at the following Department of Workforce services offices:
- Conway County- Russellville Local Office, 104 South Rochester Avenue
- Crawford County- Fort Smith Local Office, 616 Garrison Avenue, Room 101
- Faulkner County- Conway Local Office, 1500 N. Museum Road, Suite 111
- Jefferson County- Pine Bluff Local Office, 1001 South Tennessee Street
- Perry County- Conway Local Office, 1500 N. Museum Road, Suite 111
- Pulaski County, Little Rock Local Office, 5401 South University, Jacksonville Local Office, #2 Crestview Plaza
- Sebastian County- Fort Smith Local Office, 616 Garrison Avenue, Room 101
- Yell County- Russellville Local Office, 104 South Rochester Avenue