DENVER — Colorado is handing over control over its six mass vaccination sites, including the site at Ball Arena, to the counties where the sites are located, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) said on Monday.
Most counties are choosing to shut down the sites. The last day for vaccinations at Ball Arena in Denver is Saturday, July 3. The site at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Adams County administered doses through Tuesday before it closed.
The state plans to transition to local providers for COVID-19 vaccinations by July 4, CDPHE said in a news release. Those include primary care physicians, pharmacies, hospitals and local public health agencies, mobile clinics and community-based partners.
A list of COVID-19 vaccine providers can be found here.
> Video above: Colorado health officials explain the concern about the more-contagious Delta variant
Twelve percent of all COVID-19 vaccine doses in Colorado have been administered at the mass vaccination sites, which comes to about 389,000 doses total. The state is shutting down the sites as Colorado becomes close to reaching 70% of adults being vaccinated, CDPHE said.
Details on each of the sites is below:
- The Mesa County site transitioned to the Mesa County Public Health Office on June 12 and continues to administer vaccines. The site administered a total of 39,753 doses through the state site.
- The Larimer County site at The Ranch transitioned to local providers on Friday. The site administered a total of 60,657 doses. Individuals who have received first doses at The Ranch will be rescheduled for second doses within the existing Larimer County Public Health scheduling system.
- The El Paso County site at Broadmoor World Arena transitioned to local providers on Sunday. The site administered a total of 63,698 doses.
- The Pueblo County site at the Colorado State Fairgrounds transitioned to Pueblo County Public Health on June 14. The site administered a total of 44,434 doses.
- The Denver County site at Ball Arena continues to administer doses through July 3. The site has administered 91,492 doses as of June 27.
- The Adams County site at Dicks Sporting Good Park administered doses through Tuesday before closing. The site administered 90,042 doses as of June 27.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: COVID-19 Coronavirus