ARKANSAS, USA — On Tuesday (March 30), Governor Asa Hutchinson announced the statewide mask mandate would be lifted effective immediately. However, school districts across Arkansas will still be able to enforce mask mandates in their districts.
Following the American Rescue Plan Act, Arkansas school districts must post for parents a general public plan for the safe continuation of in-person learning and continuity of services.
These plans must be posted by April 15, and each district should receive public comment to help modify the plan for summer and fall.
The following school districts have announced they will be keeping mask mandates and Covid-19 safety guidelines in place for the time being. This list will be updated as districts release the information.
- Booneville Public Schools - Mask mandate will stay in effect until the school board decides on April 13.
- Clarksville School District
- Elkins Public Schools
- Fayetteville Public Schools
- Fort Smith Public Schools
- Greenland School District
- Huntsville School District
- Magazine School District - Mask mandate will stay in effect until the school board decides on April 9.
- Paris School District - Will keep the mask mandate in place through April 8 and decide at a school board meeting.
- Prairie Grove School District - Will keep the mask mandate in place for the rest of the week and make an announcement Monday (April 5) if it stays in place.
- Siloam Springs School District
- Springdale School District - Mask mandate will be lifted on May 28
- Waldron School District
Local school districts choosing to lift the mask mandate:
- Alma - Confirmed with 5NEWS that the school district's mandate on masks has ended
- Cedarville School District
- Charleston School District - Masks will be optional.
- Greenwood School District
- Hackett School District
- Mansfield School District - Masks will be optional.
- Lavaca School District
- Ozark School District
- Scranton School District - Masks will still be required on busses
- Van Buren School District - Masks will be optional after April 14