LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — The Arkansas Department of Health reported Monday morning that there are now 22 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state.
Governor Asa Hutchinson will be holding a press conference at 11:15 a.m. to give an update on Arkansas's response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Key facts to know:
- 22 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas
- Pulaski, Jefferson, Saline, Garland, Cleburne, Lincoln and Desha counties have positive cases
- 14 people are under investigation
- 258 recent travelers are being monitored by ADH with daily check-in and guidance
- All public schools are closed until after Spring Break
Arkansas coronavirus hotlines:
Watch latest press conference:
Monday, March 16:
Since UAMS opened the first drive-thru Friday afternoon, at least 445 patients have come to get screened for COVID-19. Close to 200 passed through on Monday alone. READ MORE: UAMS expanding COVID-19 screening center, more than 400 screened so far
The latest counties where positive COVID-19 cases are located in Lincoln County and Desha County. Monday morning, Gov. Hutchinson had said that two of the new cases were located in Cleburne County, meaning among the other two, one is located in Desha and the other in Lincoln.
North Little Rock Mayor Joe Smith encouraged all events with 25 or more people to be canceled. READ MORE: North Little Rock mayor encourages cancellation of events with 25 or more people
The U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan program has been made available to businesses and private nonprofits that are eligible and impacted by the spread of the virus.
You may apply for working capital loans of up to $2 million to be used toward fixed debts, payroll and other bills that can't be paid because of the coronavirus's impact. Click here and read the Small Business Resources portion to learn how you can apply.
In a Twitter thread, United States Senator Tom Cotton mentioned several proposals that "may seem extreme today," but later they will be "obvious" when it comes to preventing and preparing for the further spread of coronavirus.
One of Cotton's measures included prompting the military to prepare to defend "civil authorities" such as hospitals and nursing homes.
Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. has implemented a city-wide curfew that will begin Wednesday night. The curfew will be from midnight until 5 a.m. every night and will be assessed after two weeks.
Little Rock Police Chief Keith Humphrey said police will not stop people from driving, but anyone out walking.
Scott also encouraged restaurants in the city to transition to take out and delivery only.
Gov. Hutchinson and Dr. Nate Smith announced 6 new cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas. Officials confirmed there were two new cases in central Arkansas and two in Cleburne County. All of these cases were tied to specific out of state travel.
Officials say new CDC guidelines recommend for the next eight weeks organizers should cancel or postpone in-person events that involve 50 people or more throughout the United States.
Gov. Hutchinson said you will see a significant increase in a number of COVID-19 testing this upcoming week.
Central Arkansas Water has temporarily halted the shut-off of residential water services in an effort to keep our customers safe amid concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
A total of 22 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the state by the Arkansas Department of Health.
On Sunday, Gov. Hutchinson announced that beginning on Tuesday all public schools in the state will close down until the end of Spring Break.
We will continue to update the article throughout the day with new information as it becomes available.
Arkansas coronavirus hotlines: