LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Trellises can be one of the most creative parts of your garden. There are so many different styles and types.
This is where you can really add your own personality to the space. Here is a really wonderful trellis you can make yourself with readily available supplies. By making your own design, you will have a one of a kind piece to make your friends and neighbors jealous.
- PVC Pipes - Choose pipes with various diameters and thicknesses
- Saw - Hand saw or electric
- PVC glue and primer
- Alligator clips or clothes pins
- Spray paint or other paint
What to do
- Clean the pipes. Use rubbing alcohol if needed to get off any dirty, greasy or sticky places
- Cut lengths of pipe about 1.5 - 2in long
- Sand the cut ends to knock off burrs
- Arrange the pipe rings into a pleasing design. Play around with different patterns until you get a design you like.
- Following the instructions on the PVC glue, attach 2 pieces from your design and hold them together with a clothes pin or other clamp.
- Repeat the last step until all the rings are joined together
- Spray paint your trellis if desired
- Place in your garden near a vine or just somewhere as a piece of art.
- Sit back and enjoy your handiwork