A Little Rock apartment fire spread to another Hillcrest apartment building before being put out by firefighters. The man whose apartment the three-alarm fire spread from said he woke up to his couch on fire.

Reports from the scene speculated that the fire was caused by a candle, but the fire marshal is still investigating.

The fire started at 604 Pine St. and spread to 2100 Kavanaugh Blvd. Red Cross responded to help the occupants of the buildings. The owner of the Pine Street building came to the scene and began trying to relocate those displaced to other rental properties he owns. At least 12 people are displaced.