LORAIN COUNTY, Ohio — Avon Lake City Schools and Avon Local School District are teaming up with hospitals across Northeast Ohio to raise money for essential workers during the global pandemic.
The campaign, called The COVID-19 Heroes Fund, is a partnership with Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, and MercyHealth. The Heroes Fund will accept donations in three separate ways through May 8.
- Buying from an Avon or Avon Lake restaurant and donating it to the Fund
- Monetary donations
- Donating Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Donations can be dropped off at the following places. Click here for more information.
- Avon City Hall - 36080 Chester Rd, Avon, OH 44011
- Avon Lake City Hall - 150 Avon Belden Rd, Avon Lake, OH 44012
- Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services - 33479 Lake Rd C, Avon Lake, OH 44012
- Cleveland Clinic - 33300 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Avon, OH 44011
- Mercy Health - 1813 Nagel Rd Suite 500, Avon, OH 44011
- University Hospitals - 29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake, OH 44145 at the main lobby
To also learn how you can make your gift card or monetary donation, contact:
- Cleveland Clinic Email: email@example.com
- MercyHealth Call: (800) 999-2744
- University Hospitals Email: UHGiving@UHhospitals.org
Your donation will make a difference in someone’s life.
If you would have any additional questions, reach out to Pam Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ted Esborn at email@example.com.
(Editor's note: The above photo of the Avon/Avon Lake administrators was taken prior to the start of the pandemic. They are practicing social distancing!)
RELATED: #3Heroes: Kindness is contagious