Breaking News
More () »

Little Rock recycling center 'fully engulfed' after Tuesday fire

According to the fire department, the Goldman Recycling building in Little Rock was "fully engulfed" and creating a large dark cloud of smoke Tuesday evening.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — According to the Little Rock Fire Department, the Goldman Recycling building was "fully engulfed" and created a large dark cloud of smoke on Tuesday evening.

The recycling center is located at 1701 E. 14th Street.

The Little Rock Police Department asked people to avoid the immediate area.

Neighboring the recycling center is a Budweiser distribution center. An employee at the distribution center said the fire began around 5 p.m.

He said employees began driving trucks out of the parking lot to avoid fire damage.

No injuries have been reported.

According to the fire department, the fire started in the metals warehouse and propane tanks exploded, which was put out.

Due to the fact that a plastic warehouse may have also caught fire, a hazmat team is on the scene to check for any chemicals in the air.

Two employees at the recycling center were the ones who initially felt the heat and ran across the street to call 911.

As of 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, the fire continues to burn. The fire department says they expect the burn to continue throughout the day.

We will update this article with more information as it becomes available.