LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - When you have a problem with the speed and patterns of your heartbeat, chances are good you're suffering from atrial fibrillation or A-FIB.
What do you do about it?
So, here are some risk factors for developing Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Family history of AFib
- Hypertension or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Chronic conditions like diabetes, COPD, thyroid conditions or sleep apnea
- Excessive alcohol or drug use
- Stress or anxiety
- Having other heart conditions like coronary artery disease of heart valve disease
Symptoms of atrial fibrillation
- Heart palpitations
- Strong sense of awareness of heart beating
- Chest pain pressure or discomfort
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Shortness of breath