FORT WORTH, Texas — It's not the usual catch of the day.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that a man who was fishing on Saturday at a North Texas lake reeled in something unusual: a semi-automatic rifle.
Police say the man had been fishing with relatives at Lake Arlington, about 13 miles west of Fort Worth, when he caught a Galil ACE rifle on his hook.
After reeling in the weapon, the man went to a park in Fort Worth and called police.
Authorities took possession of the weapon and now have it in their property room.
Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A Purdue bankruptcy would make opioids cases even messier
- Marchers ask Trump to 'liberate' Hong Kong, as clashes erupt
- Dorian still slamming eastern Canada at hurricane force
- Rescue efforts continue on overturned cargo ship in St. Simons Sound, four crew members unaccounted for
- Search warrants served in California boat fire investigation