NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — The Corpus Christi Hooks ended the Arkansas Travelers seven game winning streak with a 4-2 decision on Thursday night. Hooks pitchers held the Travs to just three hits and only one after the first inning. Yohan Ramirez settled down after a rocky first inning and struck out seven over four innings. Carlos Sanabria tossed a scoreless fifth to earn the win with Bryan Abreu holding the Travs without a hit over the final four innings to get the save. Arkansas starter Justin Dunn took the loss giving up three runs on five hits over five innings.
Moments That Mattered
* Evan White homered in the opening inning. Dom Thompson-Williams followed with a double, stole third and then scored when the throw got into left field.
* Corpus Christi took the lead in the fifth inning. Ronnie Dawson and Abraham Toro executed a double steal of third and second with two out and Dawson racing home on a subsequent wild pitch.
Notable Travs Performances
* DH Evan White: 1-4, run, HR, RBI
* LHP Matt Tenuta: 1.2 IP, 3 K
News and Notes
* White extended his hitting streak to a Travs season-high 15 and homered for the fifth time in the past six games.
* Both teams wore uniforms from Minor League Baseball's Copa de la Diversion with the Travs as the Diamantes de Arkansas and the Hooks as the Corpus Christi Raspas.
* Travs Manager Mitch Canham accepted the head coaching position at his alma mater Oregon State.
The Travs welcome in the Midland RockHounds to start a three game set on Friday night. Left-hander Ricardo Sanchez (5-4, 3.49) gets the start against righty Matt Milburn (3-4, 4.78). First pitch is at 7:10 with a puzzle giveaway for the first 1,000 fans and it is a Diamantes Night. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 1250, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.