FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (Univ. of Ark.) – Jailyn Mason and Bailey Zimmerman tied their season and career-bests, respectively, but the University of Arkansas women’s basketball team fell 84-58 in Southeastern Conference action to No. 15 Missouri in Bud Walton Arena on Monday.
Arkansas (12-13, 3-9 SEC) battled through a hot start by the Tigers and kept pace in the second, third and fourth quarters, 51-44. Missouri, however, scored 33 points in the first frame and the Razorbacks couldn’t make up the deficit.
Mason paced Arkansas with 15 points, tying her season-best. The Mason, Ohio, native was 5-for-12 from the floor including one 3-point field goal. She added a 4-for-4 performance from the line. Zimmerman was 4-for-10 with three 3-pointers and three free throws for 14 points. That ties her career-best set against Missouri last season.
Arkansas took good care of the ball with just six turnovers while forcing 11 miscues by the Tigers. It is the ninth time this season Arkansas has had 10 or fewer turnovers and the 18th time the Razorbacks have committed fewer turnovers than its opponent.
• Missouri’s 33 first quarter points are the most allowed by Arkansas in that frame.
• Junior Bailey Zimmerman tied her career-best with 14 points. Her three 3-pointers also ties her career high.
• Jailyn Mason scored in double figures for the 16th time this season. Mason tied her season-best with 15 points.
• Arkansas finished with six turnovers. It is the ninth time the Razorbacks have had 10 or fewer miscues this season.
• All 12 Razorbacks played, and eight players scored.
Arkansas travels to Lexington on Thursday for a rematch with Kentucky. Then it’s back home for Senior Day against LSU on Feb. 18.
For more information about Arkansas women’s basketball, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @RazorbackWBB and on Facebook at Facebook.com/RazorbackWBB. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, “Kickin’ It In The Neighborhood” for an inside look at the Razorback women’s basketball program and check out The Neighborhood podcasts at CoachNeighbors.com.