CLEVELAND — Just as spring approaches, Northeast Ohio parks are altering programs and shuttering some buildings in a proactive attempt to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Cleveland Metroparks is closing several indoor public facilities and canceling all events and programs from March 13 until March 31. That includes:
- All indoor locations at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo are closed including: The RainForest, Primate, Cat & Aquatics, African Elephant Crossing, Sarah Allison Steffee Center and Wolf Lodge buildings. There will also be limited concessions.
- Circle of Wildlife Carousel and 4-D Theater at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- All Nature Centers and Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Canalway Center, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center, Watershed Stewardship Center and Hinckley Lake Boathouse & Store.
- Merwin's Wharf.
- The following Cleveland Metroparks and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo programs and events are canceled until at least March 31. Those programs include:
- Fish Fry at Big Met and Fish Fry events at Emerald Necklace Marina and Merwin's Wharf.
- History of Maple Sugaring March 14-15
- Buzzard Day on March 15
- World Water Day March 21
- Adventure University & Gear Swap March 21
- Job Fair March 22
- Race to the Cake 5k April 3 is postponed until a later date.
If you registered for one of the canceled programs, the Metroparks says your money will be refunded.
Cleveland Metroparks outdoor locations will remain open including the 18 park reservations, its 8 gold courses and the outdoor portion of the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. The Metroparks recommends all visitors follow the latest developments by visiting clevelandmetroparks.com/COVID-19.
Lake Metroparks is also taking precautions. All buildings and offices will be closed from March 13 through March 31, including:
- Lake Metroparks Farmpark
- Penitentiary Glen Nature Center (trails stay open)
- Environmental Learning Center (trails stay open)
- Lakefront Lodge
- Pine Ridge Country Club: golf course is closed
- Erie Shores Golf Course
- Painesville Township Park Community Center
- Pine Lodge Ski Center
- Administrative, Registration and Volunteer Offices
For clubhouse/banquet events contact Dino's Catering at 440-943-1010
Medina County Park District Programs have also been canceled from March 14th through March 30th. In addition, Wolf Creek Environmental Center, Alderfer-Oenslager Wildlife Sanctuary and Susan Hambley Nature Center are closed to the public from March 14-30.